Shifter issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2011
I have a 86 Buick Regal with a 78 Olds 350 in it, not sure on the transmission I know its not a turbo though. I need to know if anyone has a complete floor shift assembly or know of which B&M shifter will match up.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
here's my thread from the B&M QuickSilver shifter I installed in my GP. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20509&hilit=+shifter

most aftermarket shifters are simple to adapt to your exisiting setup, even if you have a floor consoul. They also come with a variety of linkages and brackets that adapt to 3spd or 4spd transmissions.

a common shifter used by many of the members on this forum is the B&M Mega... TCI also makes one similar called the StreetFighter. Hurst has some good ones too...

Pearl86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2011
Thanks for the info i was looking at the B&M star shifter or the sport shifter.

RockSS

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2010
Enfield Ct
Just for your information I have the hurst version of the b&m starshifter .... Hurst does not make a 4 speed shifter but a lot of B&M ones are upgradeable .... another words if you buy a B&M starshifter for your th350 then in a couple years you decide to put OD in theres no problem the shifter will adapt the hurst will not. So I needed a new shifter for my 2004r so I have a prostick that was from a th350 ... all I did was buy a Z-gate plate and now its a 4 speed auto shifter
I know prolly to much info...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor