shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugzi

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2007
i have a 85 gp and was wondering if i should put in a floor shifter. mine is up by the steering wheel. but i was thinking if i put one in should i do a manual or leave it a automatic

Mar 6, 2007
Kansas
converting to a manual transmission is a pretty major modification i think, involving some serious work fitting in a clutch pedal, and probably driveshaft shortening/lengthening....i imagine it will be extravagantly expensive. ive been considering doing it to my el camino and using some B-body stuff for it at the reccomendation of some of my more 'in the know' friends. id suggest if youre going to do a floor shifter mod to just pick up a B&M megashifter, theyre about $165 from summit i thinkand ive helped put one in a 79 malibu and it wasnt too rough, just cut a hole in the transmission hump and hook up the cables. the shifter itself was solid and worked pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor