Shipping prices on some of these vendor sites are a blatant rip-off.

Phreaktor

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2022
New Jersey
I have seen this in so many places since I started my build. This is for a pair of front brake dust shields that weigh maybe 14oz together. $54.00 for USPS Priority Mail? I could ship them to Europe for that much. How do they sell anything? They probably won't take my discounted UPS account number either because they'd lose about $40.00 profit. Can anyone recommend a restoration parts site with honest and accurate shipping?

Untitled.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It seems like it with everyone there's those high shipping cost. Nothing seems to be a deal unless you meet the "free shipping" amount. I tried to order a $14 small part that ended up with a $20 shipping charge which is then added to the taxable amount. Reality is meet the amount for free shipping or pay the charges.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That is exactly why the shipping is up, the company is jacking that up to re-coup what is taxed. Shipping is the variable that they can do that. Another reason why I absolutely order nothing unless I have to.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Where I work we have a UPS shipping account so on the reverse side of things when I need to ship stuff I can use that. It is a bit cheaper than if I walk in from the street to a UPS store and pay for it. However, that is coming to an end soon as my two week notice has been given and I'm moving on.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Imagine that. The cost of everything going up and up and up. Who'd have thunk it? Welcome to inflation fallout effects. Just have to factor that in as the cost of doing business, or, buy local and pick it up.

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
It's become this way not only on consumer good but even from our suppliers.
Prepaid freight level allowances have skyrocketed. Some cases raising from a PPD allowance of $1000 to $3500 and beyond. As a wholesaler it is a lot easier to deal with due to the sheer volume of product we move.
If you are buying your A1 and B1 materials at the bare minimum for PPD freight you are doing it wrong.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Imagine that. The cost of everything going up and up and up. Who'd have thunk it? Welcome to inflation fallout effects. Just have to factor that in as the cost of doing business, or, buy local and pick it up.
All too often local guys charge more than the shipping costs.

• Agree

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
All too often local guys charge more than the shipping costs.
Depends. If you're going to the racetrack tonight, pay it and you can still go tonight. If you have to order it, you miss out tonight for saving a couple of bucks. Shop around, see if the cost is worth waiting or not. Always be the savvy shopper and use that math the teachers should have been teaching in school.

Reactions: 3 users

Phreaktor

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 28, 2022
New Jersey
Yet, somehow, I too operate a business that ships about 3K per month between expedited, ground and freight and I have mananaged not to literally rip people off on shipping because the costs for USPS and Ground have not changed even remotely close enough to justify what you just tried to.

This is blatantly using a bullshit price for shipping because directly raising the item price to make a sketchy profit would put them lower in Google Shopping results. If I, as a small business owner, can ship these items for a 1/4 of what they are, that is a RIP-OFF or at minimum an unethical business practice, sir. Some of us still run our businesses ethically. Imagine that.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor