Shock suspension question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pic18

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2014
If I'm reading this right, 5658 would be 1/4 inch lower than stock and be firmer than stock MCSS? I do believe I have the original springs, so I agree that my ride height would probably go up either way.

But I kept reading and the 5658 doesn't hold the weight. So 5660 would be a better choice, and 5662 could be the best bet depending how stuff it makes the car feel interesting...

Last edited:

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I've got the 5658's, they are firmer than the stock F41 spring, and definitely get rid of the floating feeling. My ride height didn't change much compared to the stock 195k mile wore out spring. Ride quality it still acceptable, not a kidney crusher.

'79 Lemans

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2016
I just ordered the Eibach coils, I've got a couple buddy's that have been running them for a lot of years with no rub, thus why I went that way too, for now, still want to do a full Ridetech set up, but getting the car on the road and doing a LS swap is first.
As well check your back space as mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor