OLDS Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Id do it, i've always wanted an Omega. I went to buy one locally and unfortunately it had been sitting with the underside in the dirt for so long that there wasn't much underside left. Good to see one in such good shape.

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
If I was going to do a xbody would have to be a 72 Pontiac Ventura

Reactions: 1 users

Metzger82

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2021
NW Ohio
I don't know much about Omegas besides the badge engineering but if it's so rare I think it's worth it, especially if you like it.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
It’s not really actually rare. That’s an empty claim by the current owner.

Reactions: 2 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
I sent him an email today, and now I texted the number shown in the ad (around noon today) and no response.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I had three Novas when I was younger, I always wanted to do a 73' or 74' hatchback but with a 72' front clip and tail lights and of course a big block. You don't see too many Omega's or Apollos, I do occasionally see a Ventura or GTO dig those too.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well, have you?

I always had this little idea that it would be cool to own an example of each X-body. Not stockers, but an era-correct restomod version of each brand.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The hot chick in my class in high school drove an Omega SX, red with white stripe/interior. Wound up marrying her HS boyfriend, who just happened to be the Olds/Pontiac/Delorean dealer's son (who is now the Chrysler dealer since GM killed their marques).

They're still married! I'm guessing the Omega is gone, although I saw one here in OK a couple months ago for sale.

My X-body dream is the 74 GTO

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor