show off your exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got ceramic coated shorty headers and had local shop run 2 1/4" pipes to the mufflers and then turn downs facing down and out right before the rear axle. Spent $200 for the pipes from headers back including mufflers, labor, tax, etc.. It's somewhat loud and i get a drone around 3500 rpm or so/35 mph . I'd love to run an x or h pipe but with adjustable suspension on the car, i wouldn't want the driveshaft binding up against it. For now i'm driving it and loving the sound. I may have over the axle pipes run with side exits and chrome tips down the road.

IMG00564-20110529-0950.jpg

IMG00565-20110529-0950.jpg

i had 2 1/2 all the way back with flowmaster 40s on my old 442 with a chevy 350 from the headers down exiting behind the rear wheels with 3inch chrome tips. it had a real nice tone.
my new 442 has 2 1/4 the pipes were ran side by side down the passanger side untill the rear seats then they separate from eachother and exit behind the rear wheels
454muscle, this is my opinion, if you pushed them pipes in so they are just sticking out about an inch it would look real nice. i never been a fan with pipes sticking out far, i personally think on my last 442 they angled my tips too much and had them stick out just a bit too far

PIC_1431.jpg

the old standard double barrel side stack. you'll need some body work though...

PIC_1435.jpg

crazydavez28 said:
PIC_1431.jpg

PIC_1435.jpg
:wtf: Looks like something id see here on campus!

-83MONTESS- said:
crazydavez28 said:
PIC_1431.jpg

PIC_1435.jpg
:wtf: Looks like something id see here on campus!
:rofl: I'm guessing you go to UNOH

I think with that Elcamino and those double barrels that nobody cuts you off in traffic. :mrgreen:

dogshit said:
I think with that Elcamino and those double barrels that nobody cuts you off in traffic. :mrgreen:

they definitely think twice, and at 50mph in first gear it turns heads...BTW the huge dent was there when I bought it and the stacks are well built

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor