Show your 78-80 Oldsmobile Salon or 442

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome!! I've watched all your videos and subscribed, good to see you on the forums sir. I like watching your videos occasionally and I enjoy seeing all of your cutlasses!! That's is a nice 442 super rare car are you planning on keeping it? So wait you're selling all of your cars?

No, just 3 of the 4. I'm keeping my black 79 Hurst/Olds. It started off as a father/son project when I got it 20 years ago. We started to do some minor work to it and then my father passed away shortly afterwards. I'll never sell it. My 2 daughters can fight over it after I'm gone.

Reactions: Clutch
That's how my Monte Carlo started, as a father son project. The car probably has a special place in your heart, sorry for your loss. can only hope the people who buy your cars have the same appreciation for them as it seems you do.

Nice Cutlass salon!! Sounds like a nice driver! Especially with a stick 🙂 I really like the fastback design of these cars. Can probably make a mean looking pro-touring build. Has anyone seen these 442 hot wheels?
aYBwK8t.png

gxvWzhG.png
Yep got a yellow and a orange one. One of the coolest hot wheels of all time.

Reactions: kalidromos13
IMG_20140810_145058.jpg
my 79 H/O I parked it in my uncle's junk yard 20+ years ago
IMG_20140810_145108.jpg
when my daughter was 7 she saw one on line and said Daddy I want that car!
IMG_20140810_145120.jpg
so I called my Uncle and asked him whatever happened to it? He replied in his own warm loving way if your finally going to restor that POS come get it!
IMG_20140810_190939.jpg
so 160 miles one way we went!
IMG_20140810_190956.jpg
my flannel shirt was still on the seat the only thing missing was the knob off the shifter
IMG_20140817_195448.jpg
I got it running the first night it was home and gave it to her. My little helper Daddy's Little girl. And my brother gave her an nos shifter knob

View attachment 65376 my 79 H/O I parked it in my uncle's junk yard 20+ years ago View attachment 65377 when my daughter was 7 she saw one on line and said Daddy I want that car! View attachment 65378 so I called my Uncle and asked him whatever happened to it? He replied in his own warm loving way if your finally going to restor that POS come get it!View attachment 65379 so 160 miles one way we went!View attachment 65380my flannel shirt was still on the seat the only thing missing was the knob off the shifterView attachment 65382 I got it running the first night it was home and gave it to her. My little helper Daddy's Little girl. And my brother gave her an nos shifter knob
Oh and she's upset she's too young to join this forum lol such a good kid

Dude that is awesome! I love 78-80 Oldsmobile's, especially the Hurst olds w-30.
But what is even more awesome is your daughter getting into cars!!
I can only hope, when I have children, that they enjoy being hands on. It doesn't matter to me if they'll like g-bodies as long as they have a desire to learn how these man-made machines work. My dad always said if it's man-made than a man can work on it, well I would like to say 'person' because this hobby belongs to all ages, walks of life and gender haha
Hopefully your daughter sticks with it and soon enough what is fun to her now will become a full fledged passion when she is older. Thanks clutch for that moment of inspiration.
Maybe the next generation won't be as lost as millenials lol

Dude that is awesome! I love 78-80 Oldsmobile's, especially the Hurst olds w-30.
But what is even more awesome is your daughter getting into cars!!
I can only hope, when I have children, that they enjoy being hands on. It doesn't matter to me if they'll like g-bodies as long as they have a desire to learn how these man-made machines work. My dad always said if it's man-made than a man can work on it, well I would like to say 'person' because this hobby belongs to all ages, walks of life and gender haha
Hopefully your daughter sticks with it and soon enough what is fun to her now will become a full fledged passion when she is older. Thanks clutch for that moment of inspiration.
Maybe the next generation won't be as lost as millenials lol
God I hope so. If you look at my other projects on here you will see her she loves to paint and she may lean two pinstriping she is kinda my inspiration.

Reactions: Texas82GP
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor