Side exhaust pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
like the title says, anyone have any pictures of g body's with side exhaust before the rear wheels? i'm thinking of doing this on my cutlass, but i'm thinking about using slash cut rectangular tips at a 45 degree angle or so.

johnny79

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2009
DC
I'm about to rid myself of the cat and single exhaust on the cutlass and get true dual with some 2.5" and flowmasters; I was wondering how to do my tips as well. I'm going after the back tires... In front would be sweet though. Let's see....

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I think the reason we don't see many of our cars with that exhaust is because the pipe would have to come from the other side of the frame. So the pipe would be very noticeable. And depending on the size of your pipe and tip, you are gonna be losing 3" or more of ground clearance.

That's why most people just down draft the pipe before the rear end. But this type won't pass a safety inspection. Then like the above poster said. You could have it come out behind the wheels. This will cost more because of the extra pipe and the extra bends. Or you could go further and take it out back to the bumper.

I've had all those (except exiting behind the rear wheel) in the past. And I have to say that exiting out in front the wheel was the worst exhaust I ever had. I think it sounds kinda off because from the side, you mostly hear just one pipe. And I hated the way the sound echoed off of everything, right back into the car.

Just some things to think about. :)

elliottw

Apprentice
May 26, 2009
north dakota
I got both my pipes coming out in front of the rear wheel on the pass. side, i would love to shoot it out the back but i havent got to that yet. It does suck for a balanced sound but it sounds badass when i pass people. Ill try and find a pic for you.

robwkamm

Apprentice
Jun 16, 2009
Teaneck NJ
I just made a 3 inch tail pipe set up for my cutlass. they come out 442 style behind the tire. i could not find 3 inch so i made them. sounds much better than out the bottom by the rear axle. and no more fumes!!

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
SafariWagon said:
I think the only way you could make it work is to go to oval tubing. Like Popular Hot Rodding's Project Talledega. Not a G-body but you'll get the idea. Makes me laugh because of this car every guy who's got a old Laguna thinks they are suddenly worth 5-6K for a rotted out P.O.S. Link.........http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0 ... to_25.html
thats exactly what i want mine to look like but i want it to be tucked under the rocker instead of hangin out in the air like that. i dont think those laguna's are remotely cool at all. i understand they are trying to get people to think of different cars but yuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor