Side exhaust pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Not a big fan of the rear bumper center exit....

I was thinking about running my exhaust the same way. I want pipes made just like a Y-pipe but that do not connect and the run a dual inlet dual outlet muffler and then 45 the pipes to exit right there before the passenger side rear tire. But I would keep it under the car still, just put turn downs on the pipe right before the frame.

username

Master Mechanic
Jul 21, 2009
Tennessee
I thought about doing a nascar style exit like on the popular hotrodding laguna but its not very practical for every day driving. My buddy used to have an old regal we used to cruise around in and it had exits right in front of the rear tire.It sucked pulling up to drive-thrus with the sound bouncing back at you but probably the biggest turn-off was forgeting about the exhaust and touching your ankle to it when geting out of the car.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Having the pipes exit in front of the rear tires also makes it a b*tch to set a hoist under it...

If you're gonna do it, use the mufflers they use on the T/A Challengers and AAR Cuda's, they offer the most practical solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor