Slicks vs Drag Radials

Status
Not open for further replies.
the carb was tuned very very well when I bought the car. It ran like a dream, with no bogs or hesitation, at any amount of throttle.
I'm just terrible with carb tuning, so I've pretty much just left it as is... and now I think it needs some readjusting. I also should have changed the plugs, ha ha. I'll be doing some experimenting this summer to get the car tuned well again. But I think with the cam I'm running, 78/82 isn't too too bad. But I'll try different jets, or even throwing on a 650cfm like you said.

I'm also gonna make it a point to go to a better track... tired of this shithole I go to.

in know that this is a old post, but I couldn't help but read it and wanted to share some info with you. some may say this is dumb and not agree with me but that is ok. anyways I recently purchased a book called "hook and launch" picked it up at barns and noble. its very informative and the guy says in there that if you can get your car to "dead hook" a drag radial is better than a slick. beings that they are typically harder compound than a slick they don't take as much to get rolling because they don't squish the side walls. to me its almost a science to getting cars of any kind to hook and this book gives a very detailed explination on the slick vs drag radial subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor