Sloppy Mechanics New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Are they from northeast PA
I occasionally see them at Numidia they’re good for at least one oil down a night
Not to get off subject, have you seen import vs. domestic get togethers at MIR? Those import guys seem to be at 25% fail rate. Makes for long days of racing when 1 out of 4 is scattered. The only positive note is those import guys seem to hold less fluids than most everyone else.

I have to give Happel and his bunch credit, but I'm not a fan of the direction he's headed. It's not like what it used to be when Fairmont 1 & 2 or Phone Truck were the main headings. But I will give him his due and earned respect - he single handedly made 600 whp the norm with cheap sh*t. And explains electronics to the public on a basic level. Hopefully his sponsors don't turn it into every other hotrodding situation where money rules the day due to an ego and $$.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Im thankful to see this. Sometimes its difficult to find information and follow conversations on Facebook. I like forum style content and miss the days of Ls1 tech, Honda-Tech, etc.

Sloppy Mechanics, it can be argued, are what the modern day next generation of "hot rodders" look like. Tricking engines into thinking they've never left their donors. Honestly, without seeing some of the things there, I wouldnt be as far as I am in my build.

I agree! I wish Youtube would allow for a way to watch each video from someone in chronological order - EASILY. The early Fairmont builds and the Colorado were both inspiring and leaving the audience with anticipation for the next video IMO

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
  • Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
We had a Fairmont, just a terrible car to begin with.

But there isn't many other chassis that can run deep 9's into the 140 mile an hour range with paper clips and pocket lint!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
But there isn't many other chassis that can run deep 9's into the 140 mile an hour range with paper clips and pocket lint!
If you remove the paper clips and pocket lint, It would probably fall apart. We also had a Mercury Zephyr, motor seized in day two of ownership, another Fox body POS.

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Not to get off subject, have you seen import vs. domestic get togethers at MIR? Those import guys seem to be at 25% fail rate. Makes for long days of racing when 1 out of 4 is scattered. The only positive note is those import guys seem to hold less fluids than most everyone else.

I have to give Happel and his bunch credit, but I'm not a fan of the direction he's headed. It's not like what it used to be when Fairmont 1 & 2 or Phone Truck were the main headings. But I will give him his due and earned respect - he single handedly made 600 whp the norm with cheap sh*t. And explains electronics to the public on a basic level. Hopefully his sponsors don't turn it into every other hotrodding situation where money rules the day due to an ego and $$.
I understand what you're saying but at some point, we have to evolve and fight boredom. If he did it for a living full time, im sure he wouldnt be as passionate.. You can already tell hes starting to drift away from wanting to do LS stuff all the time. The gen 4 and 5 stuff is what's next and im sure after all the gen 3 builds throwing different turbos on 4.8/5.3/6.0 it gets redundant. There's not much else for him to explore in that realm which is why hes starting to mess with his Kia, and the Gen 5 stuff in that white LTD he did.

• Agree

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
I agree! I wish Youtube would allow for a way to watch each video from someone in chronological order - EASILY. The early Fairmont builds and the Colorado were both inspiring and leaving the audience with anticipation for the next video IMO
Agreed. My Cutlass is a copy of the Fairmont 3 and that Malibu wagon mashed together but really was inspired by this car put together by Dario (
).

That Colorado got really really nuts, but I love how he got rid of it all and went back to a basic, grass roots setup -- "Dont BS me"

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Agreed. My Cutlass is a copy of the Fairmont 3 and that Malibu wagon mashed together but really was inspired by this car put together by Dario (
).

That Colorado got really really nuts, but I love how he got rid of it all and went back to a basic, grass roots setup -- "Dont BS me"
Dario is kinda local to me, he's been doing this stuff for years too. I bought a motor off a buddy of his and he told me some crazy stories. Seems like a cool guy.

Sodee

Greasemonkey
Feb 1, 2018
Dario is kinda local to me, he's been doing this stuff for years too. I bought a motor off a buddy of his and he told me some crazy stories. Seems like a cool guy.
That's awesome.. I'd love to just chop it up with him one day. He has some really outside the box ideas, and that's just the stuff he talks about on Youtube. I cant imagine what other ideas he has. Ive watched his videos on LS stuff literally dozens of times

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor