Smart Glow Fuses

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
CK80 - No matter how much of a douche or you hate the guy for whatever reason, its a general rule amongst men, never mess with another mans vehicle... thats unless he messed with yours first for absolutely no reason, then by all means, retaliate with extreme prejudice.
I know what he's getting at, basically the ion charged paint that glows in the dark for Night Sights, if you want to do it the cheap way instead of buying the sights with the inserts already in them. They really aren't that bright in daylight tho.

On another note, as mentioned, you mess with someone's ride they might come out looking at you down them dot sights of their weapon, and your pants will be loaded up just as much as the magazine.. so yea tread lightly when mentioning you want to prank someone's vehicle. Then again that shows you the caliber of some of the people in this group.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
No doubt its a SMD(surface mounted device) L.E.D inside the fuse... those things are tiny.
The ones I have are just a regular diode and resistor in parallel with the leads.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
No doubt its a SMD(surface mounted device) L.E.D inside the fuse... those things are tiny.
They use SMD at the place I work at they are very small, size of a black pepper flake.

That fuse reminds me of the blade style circuit breaker fuse that came out back in the mid 80s. When it tripped you just pushed in the little black button.

Reactions: 1 user

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Just to give an idea how small a surface mount Resistor and a Led are. They use a lot of these at my work for prototypes.
Each dot is a resistor or led
On the left and top are resistors and on the right are led's yellow.
20230418_160835.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I've put a few of these into fuse blocks but I've never bought them or even seen one activated. I'm a huge fan of circuit breakers though.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor