????smog pump removal????

Status
Not open for further replies.

all4gss

Apprentice
Aug 8, 2009
Bella Vista, AR
UPDATE: ????smog pump removal????

If you've trying to remove the smog equipment and you've got the spider air tubes running into the exhaust manifold you can plug these on a 1980 SBC with eight 1/4" NPT pipe plugs. I picked mine up from Home Depot for $1.08 each. Tractor Supply had some but they wanted $2.29 each.

It's not ideal, if money allowed I'd just buy a whole new exhaust system. But as it is getting rid of that smog equipment cleaned up the engine compartment considerably and made it much easier to work on other things like changing spark plugs etc.

Hope that helps someone.

BTW, I had a hard time getting an open ended wrench to bite the smog fittings so I used some snips to cut the tubes close to the fitting then I could use a socket to get them loose. I doused them in PB blaster for several days before I started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor