So what else should I do to troll this Facebook Scammer? (Page with 5000 Followers- Messages Inside)

I get why they did it

Some of you guys are not very welcoming to new blood

What did Mama say about having nothing nice to say....?

For better or worse, FB is here for a while, and for people that don't live in high-density population areas, it's a tool that can be used, when was the last time anybody read classifieds in the newspaper? Swap meets?...few here, and the last couple I went to were more flea market than swap meet.

Well.... If we do then why don't you just leave then? Clearly this isn't a place you'd want to hang around if you feel that way.
Because I don’t tuck tail and slink away because a few people are acting like gatekeepers on a car forum. I didn’t say the boards suck, just that a few people’s perception and response to a harmless thread do. Like someone said I might be “connected” to this scammer? In what level of reading comprehension does that make ANY sense lol?

I didn’t come here to argue or troll and maybe it was poor “forum etiquette” to visit OT for my first post, but that’s no justification for acting like jerks toward new members when you could simply explain what the perceived issue was like one person did. BTW, I’m definitely here to “talk about cars” in case no one decides to look at my second post here. 😎

One of the first things I learned over 10 years at My350Z is that I can simply ignore threads that irk me, especially in “Off Topic.” There’s also an Ignore feature available.

Can I get some credit for posting in the right sub, at least? 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: scoti and mr evil
Here’s why I am here, btw. Picked her up last week. 1982, 65,000 miles, currently slow as hell with the 4.4L V8. Frame off lowrider build and swap incoming. Hope this clears up the notion that I’m a scammer here to put my competition on blast. 😅

1EB52570-53BD-42BC-855E-44BC294976B4.jpeg

The trolling thing seems kinda of juvenile , I know you get laughs from it but still , better to just report them or simply move on
I joined a lot of those fb pages and I’ve been slowly deleting them one at a time as I see those obvious scammer posts
I’ve also seen a lot of good ads get trashed by trolls or “children” calling guys out for pricing etc in the comments section - who the f asked them ?
I don’t even think of fb marketplace as a viable buy and sell site anymore
Welcome to the site , I like your MC 😎

Well, it appears you did take it the wrong way. At least you can understand where I was coming from, now. Nice Monte btw. Great starting platform. Seems to be in decent shape.

My only meaning was that providing several links out of the gate on post #1 is something that inventive scammers may do to appear as if they're innocent car guys, until the unsuspecting click on said links which places, or attempts to place a virus on the computer, or whatever, or at the very least "rickroll" someone. It's not everyday that someone's first post is looking for advice on how to troll someone on another website.

I almost reported your post as potential spam myself. If you hadn't of replied I probably would have. Most spammers hit and run, but you did respond, so I knew the possibility of spam was low. But as a "new guy" nobody could be sure of your intentions other than trying to make someone else's life hell on FB.

All that to say Welcome! It'll be good to see you share your build with everyone and hopefully people can help you if/when you get stuck on something and vice-versa.

Reactions: 86LK and pagrunt
Because I don’t tuck tail and slink away because a few people are acting like gatekeepers on a car forum. I didn’t say the boards suck, just that a few people’s perception and response to a harmless thread do. Like someone said I might be “connected” to this scammer? In what level of reading comprehension does that make ANY sense lol?

I didn’t come here to argue or troll and maybe it was poor “forum etiquette” to visit OT for my first post, but that’s no justification for acting like jerks toward new members when you could simply explain what the perceived issue was like one person did. BTW, I’m definitely here to “talk about cars” in case no one decides to look at my second post here. 😎

One of the first things I learned over 10 years at My350Z is that I can simply ignore threads that irk me, especially in “Off Topic.” There’s also an Ignore feature available.

Can I get some credit for posting in the right sub, at least? 😅
Not picking sides here but when someone comes on w/zero previous posts warning of a potential scammer somewhere else & has links provided in the post, the last thing I would do is click on any of the links. Some are just more vocal in their "weariness" of 'click here to see what I'm talking about' until they know the source.

Welcome to the joint. There are some good folks around here. There are also some abrasive people that generally mean well.
The more you post/interact, the more you understand the players.

I use facebook often, but I don't buy anything, or even entertain, those parts pages. It's just something that you learn as you use it. Personally, I wouldn't buy anything in a large facebook group (as far as car parts go), unless I can pick it up locally.

Reactions: 86LK
And, ah, Clickbait? Well, that is a video or ad that starts out looking interesting and then turns into ten minutes to an hour of pure boredom with the intent, right at the very end, to entice you into buying or watching something that someone else thinks you absolutely have to have or see, and which they are willing to sell or show you whether you are interested or not, and at way below retail price. The "click" is the sound of the mouse as you fall into the trap and click on the link or the icon.

As for "F-B" more like "De-Faced Book"

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor