CUTLASS SOLD-Anyone needing NOS 1980 Calais/442 grilles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I had a guy who said he had 79 grilles in perfect conditions and I bought them. Turns out they are for an 80 and 15" wide:and have three waterfall sections. They are mint but they do not fit. The loser I bought these from said tough luck. Pissed me right off! Happy New Year!
As much as you hope the seller knows what they are selling it is still up to you to get measurements, pictures etc. and do your own research before buying.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DJHull

Master Mechanic
Apr 28, 2015
Lansing, Mi
Oh, my bad. Sorry. I thought you were looking for Calais grilles. The Calais/Hurst/442 from 79 and 80 used flat grilles with no waterfall over the top. These grilles were the flat rectangular grilles.

Supremes came with completely different grilles with the waterfall effect.

You can always sell a pair of nice grilles, though. Even if they don't fit YOUR car, they'll fit someone's.
I should put them up for sale. They are A+ 99%. I have tons of parts I should get rid of. I am running out of room to store parts. My wife is starting to get frustrated with me. Happy New Year!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor