Solid body, trans, and motor mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett1982

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2014
Uniontown, Pa
I wanted to know if anyone was running their g-bodies this way and what they thought. I aready have solid body mounts and an 8 point cage welded to the frame. I have the UMI lsx swap motor mounts and I have some ls1 camaro clamshells with poly inserts. I didn't get the transmission mount yet, kind of on the fence about running a poly one of those too or getting a solid mount and buying the UMI aluminum clamshell replacements. Anyone that has followed my build knows what I'm going for, but the for the rest, this is a street/strip cutlass with an emphasis on performance. I also want something reliable, and I don't want to be breaking stuff because there is no give anywhere, or if it is better having no give. My buddy has an 82 cutlass he used for hobby stock racing and broke his case on a th350 because he had solid motor mounts and stock rubber trans mounts. I just want to try to eliminate weak links and put the power down on the track.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have been running solid Moroso engine and trans mounts for at least 15 years and never had an issue, even my exhaust is mounted directly to the roll bars underneath the car bolted on with welded tabs.
I also have 3/8" steel plates where the trans crossmember mounts to the frame instead of the rubber isolator that was there.
I say if nothing moves nothing breaks but some people still seem to have issues running the solid trans mount.

Garrett1982

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2014
Uniontown, Pa
I have been running solid Moroso engine and trans mounts for at least 15 years and never had an issue, even my exhaust is mounted directly to the roll bars underneath the car bolted on with welded tabs.
I also have 3/8" steel plates where the trans crossmember mounts to the frame instead of the rubber isolator that was there.
I say if nothing moves nothing breaks but some people still seem to have issues running the solid trans mount.
Thanks for the response. I will sell those camaro clamshells and go solid. I don't have too much in them so its not a big deal.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
What is funny is in my exhaust video you can see since everything is mounted solid to the car how nothing moves when I start the car and rev the engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor