Someone grab this NOW! MINT 1979 V8 Le Mans, $4,000, Holland, Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I'd try to get it for 3 grand, then put another 800 in a new top and any top work plus a good cleaning/touch up. And clean under the hood or something. Good lord. Then you should be close to 4. And maybe then it would be worth it. Dunno.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Unless it's rusty underneath the price doesn't seem ridiculous. I wouldn't change a thing other than general cleanup and maintenance. Those box dents might even go away over time or with some help from a heat gun.

• Agree

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have implemented a no vinyl top rule for any future Gbody purchases after seeing so many otherwise clean cars on here with a disaster hidden under a vinyl top.
And if the vinyl top doesn't scare you that color certainly will.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Like Turna mentioned, it could have had a box resting on it for years.

Or the dead body of the lady with blue hair that owned it. :mrgreen:

But seriously .... that's cool mint green!

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
I love me a green Poncho
f4e3dca8ca6d7725c2f8763bdd03fcd8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I have implemented a no vinyl top rule for any future Gbody purchases after seeing so many otherwise clean cars on here with a disaster hidden under a vinyl top.
And if the vinyl top doesn't scare you that color certainly will.
All my car had was two pinholes and some scaled behind a 1/4 window.

Nov 4, 2012
If an original vinyl top car doesn't have rust on the roof, I would say it's the exception and not the rule. That said, you can always just leave the vinyl top on and pretend there isn't rust under it. Ignorance is bliss.

I really like that car and the 301 makes for a sweet cruiser. The toothpaste green is a little off putting, but it could grow on me.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor