soo my car doesnt like to turn right..(as in left or right)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDub

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2008
this has happened to me twice. at the exact same intersection. i drive home from work, and make a right hand turn, and the car dies. and then starts to make a loud clicking noise. put it in park, start it back up and drive off. something obviously isnt okay. it doesnt do it when i turn left. and it has tried to die during a right hand turn numerous other times, but she hangs on and keeps on keeping on. any ideas what this could be? id like to correct this issue pronto. thanks

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
does it die if you turn it all the time, or is more of just very sharp turns? is it more when your going really slow or same thing when going faster, does it die both times?

it kinda sounds like either your power steering pump may be bad and possibly that the floats in your carb are sticking and running lean in the corners. i'd like into the carb issue first

JDub

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2008
78MC-BBC said:
does it die if you turn it all the time, or is more of just very sharp turns? is it more when your going really slow or same thing when going faster, does it die both times?

it kinda sounds like either your power steering pump may be bad and possibly that the floats in your carb are sticking and running lean in the corners. i'd like into the carb issue first

usually as long as i go slow through the corners its okay. only tries to die if im turning at a decent speed.

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
i'd take a look at the carb possibly time to rebuild it or replace it, try the fuel filter in the carb first.

definately sounds like the motor is fuel starving at corners, fuel is sloshing into one corner of the carb at turns, most likely the carb is getting old and gunky

JDub

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2008
78MC-BBC said:
i'd take a look at the carb possibly time to rebuild it or replace it, try the fuel filter in the carb first.

definately sounds like the motor is fuel starving at corners, fuel is sloshing into one corner of the carb at turns, most likely the carb is getting old and gunky

thanks for the advice. ill take a look at it this afternoon. whats a good 2 barrel replacement for these cars?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i agree with the carb being the most likely. one other thing to try is to grab any and all engine wiring and move it around to see if anything changes. especially power to the distributor.

JDub

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2008
megaladon6 said:
i agree with the carb being the most likely. one other thing to try is to grab any and all engine wiring and move it around to see if anything changes. especially power to the distributor.

really? so is there anything specific to moving it around? should i be trying to do it a certain way? what exactly would that do? im all about an easy fix, im just confused by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor