soo my car doesnt like to turn right..(as in left or right)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDub

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2008
Uncletruck said:
Very common problem with the Rochester M2MC's, it can also have this same issue during very hard braking. It does involve the float setting adjustment.

-UT-

so moving wires around in the engine compartment can adjust the float setting?

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
No. You'll need to get a carb rebuild kit, remove the air horn from the carb, and replace the float needle. Then reset the float height to factory spec.

The others mentioned checking the primary wire to the distributor as another possible cause for this problem.

-UT-

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
not just the primary wire for the distributor. sometimes the most innocuous wires can cause the most problems.
moving the wiring has nothing to do with the carb (unless it's an e4me carb-and even then it's nothing to do with the floats.) it's just that a loose/coroded wire can move just right in a turn to lose connection and stop the engine.

JDub

Apprentice
Mar 10, 2008
megaladon6 said:
not just the primary wire for the distributor. sometimes the most innocuous wires can cause the most problems.
moving the wiring has nothing to do with the carb (unless it's an e4me carb-and even then it's nothing to do with the floats.) it's just that a loose/coroded wire can move just right in a turn to lose connection and stop the engine.

okay, that makes sense. well i appreciate the input alot guys. ill get it a try!

Wake

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2008
i had the same thing happen to me.

Turns out on hard turns, brake fluid was getting into a vacuum line and choking the engine. Only did it on turns at a decent pace. Not braking or accelerating.

I don't know how they fixed it since I just dropped it off at the time, but they said that's what it was and it never did it again.

Many years ago sorry I can't remember the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor