Sound deadening/heat shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I figure while my carpet is out drying, I’d install something like Dynamat. Problem is what thickness should I get. I’m not after a sound proof tomb, just keep some of the road noise and heat down. Summit has 18 pieces of 12X23 something like.0367 thick for $100.00. That would be enough to do my Elco. Should I go thicker or would that suffice?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I used ice shield on the floor of my GP, much cheaper than dynamat and it does the job. My friend who is a professional installer taught that trick, he would offer that to guys who asked for dynamat and no one ever came back with a complaint

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I used ice shield on the floor of my GP, much cheaper than dynamat and it does the job. My friend who is a professional installer taught that trick, he would offer that to guys who asked for dynamat and no one ever came back with a complaint
What thickness?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm not sure but you can ask TURNA cause he would know. It's cheap enough to throw on two layers and you can usually find leftovers been sold, there is a local guy selling a roll for $25

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I bought a roll of fatmat knock off,on ebay,it worked well.cheaper than the dynamat/name brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor