Spare tire tear out

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazykyle

Master Mechanic
Sep 7, 2009
I'm looking to tear out the spare tire holder or should i say the big valley of unusable space it the trunk.I was just wondering if there is a patch panel for that or do i have to come up with something myself.The reason behind this is that i'm running electric fuel pumps along with a fuel cell,so i no longer need the fuel tank.I looking to relocate the battery in the trunk and would like to use this space.Being with the fuel tank gone and people looking at the car i don't want it to look all hacked up.Thanks John

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
It makes the perfect place to put your battery..... Even my electric fuel pump is mounted on the side of it. Tucked up high and cannot see it from the back of the car.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
A nitrous tank fits real nice in there too 8)

But if you are removing it you would have to come up with something yourself. just a big piece of sheet metal would do the job, just tack it in and use seam sealer or whatever.

[email protected]

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm taking mine out too.

I see that when I get it out that it's redeemable for $15-20 on ebay, I have looked into it. Just leave like a 1" lip around the top flat. Lots of people have done it actually, they just market them as "universal tire well metal" and give measurements. You may not have time to do this, or care to, but I thought I'd at least share the information.

I'm just welding in a flat piece of 18gauge steel there. I'm going to mount my air tank under the trunk right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor