Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridgeline

Greasemonkey
Jan 19, 2008
I need to replace my front speakers in my El Camino. I don't want to do speakers. What are good replacement speakers for the dash? Speakers are on both sides of the dash.
Thanks

If you do not want to do speakers, why are you doing them?

Soooooooo Sorry bought that. Got in a hurry. Meant to say I didn't want speakers in the doors!

Well, you can only do so much with only a 3.5 inch driver.No matter which brand you choose, it will not sound all that good due to a total lack of bass response and volume. That's why I am doing door speakers, but using the factory grilles and mounts off a Regal, so it looks stock.

Honestly, do the door speaker approach with the Regal stuff. You'll be MUCH happier with the sound!!

theres a company that makes (or used to make) kickpanel enclosures. qlogic i think was the company

i just went with 3.5" dash speakers, pioneer i think they were. much better than the 20 yr old stock junk, replaced the rears as well and tossed in a mp3/cd deck and single 10" sub/amp in the rear

nothing crazy, just nicely rounded out sound
total cost me maybe 200 bucks 🙂

u can make kick panels ureself, it aint that hard.

i put some memphis 3.5 in the dash and 4x10 in the rear deck they sound great even for the size of speakers and using a low end pioneer radio plus they have a lifetime warranty

do kickpanels, Use a 6 1/2 component set and mount the tweets in the dash where the stock 3 1/2's are

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor