Speedometer Fix Suggestions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaZe

Greasemonkey
Aug 16, 2008
From my calculations I actually need a 31 tooth driven gear which GM never made. Right now it has 17 Drive and 34 Driven. With a 2.29 Rear End, 25 inch tires (measured) and 17 drive gear it will never read right with a 34 tooth which is the smallest H Style driven gear that I know of.

Anyone know of a 31 tooth H Style driven gear for a TH350 with the Olds 2.078" Gear housing?

I'll probably end up taking it to a Speedometer shop and having them hook up a ratio adapter which will run around $115 instead of $20 for a driven gear that I can put in myself. Taking apart the trans is a lot of work and just buying a ratio adapter would run around $70 with shipping online. Plus, you would have to drive around and do a lot of work to find the percentage error and then hope they you weren't wrong.

If you have any other ideas to fix this problem or anything that relates to cheaper prices, don't hesitate to tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor