spring ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

84monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2007
spring hill,fl
i recently ordered 1"lowering springs from suspension techniques, has anybody used these?
i know there a cheap brand but whatever, anybody ever done a 1"drop?

i like my cars low, and i'm worried that 1" isnt enough, i'm thinking about making them 2", any suggestions??

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I installed a set of these springs on my '84 Monte a few years ago. They do provide a drop which is about 1". I'm using KYB shocks, and the ride is stiffer than with the stock springs. I'm currently running 16" IROC wheels with P235/60R16 Michelin tires. Between the springs and the larger wheel & tire combination, I was trying to achieve a look where the wheel & tire combination "fills up" the wheelwells, without lowering the car too drastically, and I'm pretty happy with the results.

84monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2007
spring hill,fl
sweet, thats bascally what i'm trying to get, i dont like the wheel well high, i like them tucked but not to low, i was planing on using the 16x8 s-10 zq8
rims, which is about the same as iroc's
thanks for the info, now i feel more confident about my springs

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I have the Eibach Pro Kit Springs in my Cutlass which lower it 1.5 or 1.25 front and .75 rear ( I think) and am very happy with it. It bottoms out sometimes and smacks the exhaust on some of the bad cobblestone streets around here, so I would definitely not go any lower. I like the look and run 245 50 16's on all 4 wheels when I have the right tires on it. It currently has 225 50 16 front 225 60 16 rear because that's all I could find in the used tire market to just get it going again.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
^^^^....I'm running the same springs on my GP and it has never bottomed out even with 4 people in the car....what shocks are you using?

84monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2007
spring hill,fl
to be honest i just bought the car, so i really dont know, but i think it has drag shocks in it

i know not to buy djm shocks because i put a 5" drop kit in my s-10 from belltech and djm drop shocks and they suck balls

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
pontiacgp said:
^^^^....I'm running the same springs on my GP and it has never bottomed out even with 4 people in the car....what shocks are you using?

If you saw the road, you'd understand. I scrape bottom going 10mph because it undulates violently and both axles are in valleys while the mid section is at the peak. We have unstable ground in a lot of places here because so much of it is reclaimed swampland and tends to settle unevenly over time. If you have smooth pavement, this is not an issue. I just mentioned it because I do not know the conditions where he drives and wanted him to be aware of it. I also sometimes hit bottom on high speed bumps, but not on every speed bump.

As for what shocks I have on it now, they are Monroe Gas Matics from a few years ago when the car was actually driven ( okay...8 years ago...), but that was when I had the problem. I want a better set from Koni, KYB or Bilstein, but will do that when the car's basic functions are all operable and the car is capable of actually being used. It's gutted right now and the body is in pieces while I finish paint prep. It's a little scary to drive right now due to the disassembled state it is in. Also, the enormous low end torque ( 400+ ft lbs from 2,000 RPM on up!) with an open diff and crappy tires makes driving in the rain terrifying-as does it's lack of anything but intermittent wipers.

84monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2007
spring hill,fl
lol....thats a crap load of torque....at 2k?thats awesome

yea the roads are actually pretty smooth by me but there is some places that i get stuck at,no joke

but i dont think the monte would be in the field as my truck as for being aware at all times

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor