Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearhead16

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2013
Scranton Pa
I recently put 17 inch wheels on my 80, it sits way to high, any suggestions how i could lower it, pictures and help on cutting coils/springs

martin.ca

Greasemonkey
Jun 30, 2008
Wet Coast of Canadia
That's what happens when you increase the diameter of your wheels. Cutting springs won't help, because now you effective drive ration is changed, your speed reads incorrectly and your acceleration will be reduced. You should probably check out lower profile tyres.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I hope this is more to the point of the question you asked. I have referred to this page and used those part numbers to buy my springs. It's a cheaper way to lower your car. There are plenty of aftermarket springs options as well. Cutting the coils can sometimes effect your ride quality. Here's the link.

http://www.monte-list.com/tech/springs.shtml

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor