Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Blastin' time is right around the corner! You ready yet?
Just got to install the pump, wireup some taillights, weld on some brackets change the battery fix the exaust and buy some media. Sounds like a lot but it's not I'm waiting for the wether to get a little better first. Also been selling off things around here that don't make me money for a welder fund. In fact my little cub cadet tractor found a new home with one of our g-body brethren last Saturday. This upcoming weekend I'll be listing more for sale if it's not raining again

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I almost forgot to mention the truck doesn't like the plow. Had to pick up the kid from work Brian give him a ride in yesterday morning with the plow on the truck and it overheated 2 times in my short drive across town. Moose plow trucks have that sweet spot where you can put the plow where it's safely off the road and low enough to allow air flow this one seemingly not. so I ordered a big block radiator top plate and fan shroud I'll have to wait a week to order the radiator because it's going to need it for the 455 anyway. On a down note slightly angered closing hood of the truck the drivers hinge didn't go in the passenger one dead so now I really need a hood.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I think the same thing happened to Dad on our 78. I think there must have been issues with the hinges on the pre 80 style squarebodies. It bent the hood pretty good on the passenger side.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
They were designed to fold. Just like 2nd gen Camaros.

The overheat kind of surprises me. Looking at the last pic you posted, seems that the grille is pretty much open. Didn't realize you had no shroud though. A fan clutch might not be a bad idea either. And a 455.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The front end is very open on those trucks and a huge rad will fit. All of the above, shroud, heavy duty clutch with a 4 core BB rad and find a 7 blade fan as well. Also make sure you have the large A/C or heavy duty cooling crank pulley to spin the water pump faster when you install the 455.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor