Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I think the same thing happened to Dad on our 78. I think there must have been issues with the hinges on the pre 80 style squarebodies. It bent the hood pretty good on the passenger side.
Yes they make new design hinges to stop it from happening
They were designed to fold. Just like 2nd gen Camaros.

The overheat kind of surprises me. Looking at the last pic you posted, seems that the grille is pretty much open. Didn't realize you had no shroud though. A fan clutch might not be a bad idea either. And a 455.
It has a shroud in a clutch fan now what is it doing I ordered the big block stuff to make it except the larger radiator
The front end is very open on those trucks and a huge rad will fit. All of the above, shroud, heavy duty clutch with a 4 core BB rad and find a 7 blade fan as well. Also make sure you have the large A/C or heavy duty cooling crank pulley to spin the water pump faster when you install the 455.
couldn't agree more I need to dig through my olds pulleys and see exactly what I have
The gnarly kink in the hood increases airflow for better cooling!
Yeah but it's just not the look I'm going for

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
I love that beasty looking plow on the front. Also I didn't mean to hit the "disagree" button on your one post, I got a new phone and my fat ****ing fingers keep hitting the wrong buttons lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Any way you can get a set of junkyard E-Fans to use as pushers, since airflow through the grille seems to be more of a problem than actual radiator cooling capacity?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Any way you can get a set of junkyard E-Fans to use as pushers, since airflow through the grille seems to be more of a problem than actual radiator cooling capacity?
I'll probably grab one from a car I'm fixing at work and use it as a pusher. Quite often if a shroud is cracked it gets a new cooling fan assembly. I'm going with the larger radiator because I'm going with a bigger motor

Last edited:

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I forgot to give you guys pictures
15521858320171616025346.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Picked up some more parts for the swap today. I went down to my brother's and scored! I'm shore some of you have already figured out his idea of good parts and mine are two totally different things. I got an A/C heavy duty cooling water pump. It's been painted and bolted to a motor but never used. No good to my brother but good to me! Also got matching crank and water pump pulleys for anA/C car and a real high quality set of headers I have no idea what brand they are but there thick and heavy with nice flanges I won't have any problem modifying them if need be. There not all rotted eather. Intake lifters and pushrods I should be there.

Now a question for the olds guys....of course it's getting red fender Wells now Dua it's a 30 series but what year w? Bronze or blue?? Trucks going green I'm thinking 69 bronze and I have a cool idea for the hood but I'm going to need 2 hoods:unsure:

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Definitely bronze!!

• Agree

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
350 gold! They'd never know the difference anyway. :p I hope you're not doing the stripes, too! Or, just to piss all of them off, the ever hated W-36 fender stripe! :rofl: It's a K-30

And, I have a BB Performer that's had the intake angle corrected; make me an offer I can't refuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor