Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
I think what kills the spoiler for me is the "slope" on the trunklid and the angle it dropps off at. the lines and angles of it give enough definition to the end of the car to satisfy me as is. if the trunklids surface was more horizontal it would go better with a spoiler.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
thats true, i just figured since the cowl adds a bit to the front the rear would look better with a wing to balance it out.

IGSM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2010
DFW, Tx
Voted no wing because for the same reason I do not want to put one on my car. I want to keep the car simple.

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
I say go with the SS wing, check my photo album for pics of what a cutty would look like with it

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
what year is the wing off of because there are two different styles, one is layed down and the other is the stand up one.
i think it looks nice, FE3X clone has one on his cutty too.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
85Supreme said:
what year is the wing off of because there are two different styles, one is layed down and the other is the stand up one.
i think it looks nice, FE3X clone has one on his cutty too.

Mine is the lay down style. The one on Mr Hernandez's Cutlass looks like the stand up version.

DSC00025.jpg

I think either one looks nice. I was never a big fan of the H/O spoiler.

Of course I also tried a Fiero spoiler for a while. It didn't look too bad but was just a bit over the top for me. Looked like I had a picnic table on the trunk. LOL:

GNX_flares.jpg

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
i cant tell which style ss wing i like better...btw fe3x, your cutlass looks so nice.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i think the cutlass looks better without a spoiler but the ss one is the way to go if you really want one. the cutlass spoiler does nothing for me.

stenberg83

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2010
Charlotte, Michigan
FE3X CLONE said:
Of course I also tried a Fiero spoiler for a while. It didn't look too bad but was just a bit over the top for me. Looked like I had a picnic table on the trunk. LOL:

GNX_flares.jpg

IMO that fiero spoiler is amazing!!! i woudnt have ever thought to use one of those. i think thats whats gonna be goin on my car. Did it need any modification to get it to fit or was it a simple bolt on??

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
stenberg83 said:
FE3X CLONE said:
IMO that fiero spoiler is amazing!!! i woudnt have ever thought to use one of those. i think thats whats gonna be goin on my car. Did it need any modification to get it to fit or was it a simple bolt on??

No modification. Just drill your holes and bolt it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor