Stall converter identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Im sure after doing those trans parts the car will be completely different as well as doing everything else too

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
All those will help performance and durability, good list.

transman

Apprentice
May 17, 2015
Western Canada
Tried looking up the numbers on the stall converter I have on my car but no luck. Anybody know what this is?
GM puts a paper tag on it near the converter hub. Example of the code: CG3C. There are many other codes as these converters were used in the 200C, 2004R, and the 325-4L. Factory codes for Turbos and HP, would be CB4C, CB5C, CF9C. These were a 12" (298mm) diameter converter.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Wouldn't be surprised if that tag is long gone. I couldn't see it. Only numbers I seen was the d4 stamped on it

transman

Apprentice
May 17, 2015
Western Canada
Wouldn't be surprised if that tag is long gone. I couldn't see it. Only numbers I seen was the d4 stamped on it
You'll have to pull the converter out to see the tag if it's still there. Your converter looks like an original factory unit as it doesn't appear to have been painted. Almost all converter rebuilders from my past experience paint their converters. If the tag is still there, let me know what code is on it.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
So I took the car out today. Held the brake and revved it around 1500 and let go. Wheels spun for about 10 seconds and took off. And shifts around 3kish

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Flash stall isn't when you hold the brake, that is a brake stand. It is the rpm the tach jumps to before the car moves when you floor it, at launch. Yeah, governor mods are needed. I had one shift a 3000 rpm, awful. Your cam is just getting into the powerband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor