stalling after starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

shameer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 17, 2011
hey new to this need some help, i have a 3.8L V6 231cid rwd 1986 cutlass supreme. having truble starting it. before wasnt able to run now it running then stalling out. so what i done is changed plugs/wires,fuel pump, sending unit. Inspected cap/rotor/coil and tested all fine. fuel lines have been changed from tanl to pump no clogs.changed vacuum lines too. i took off the carb and cleaned it and put new gaskets and put it back. I noticed that if u put fuel in the carb its leaking out(not sure of part name) where the accelarator cable is. i tried silcone gasket with the gaskets but still see the leak, so question is the crab worth rebuilting mine or get a new carb/rebuilt or new gaskets? i dont want a holly or n e thing like that i perfer my factory carb as i am going to be doing everyday driving.

Sounds to me like your float is stuck. I would grab a rebuild kit and just freshen it up. Dont use silcon on gaskets for a carb. When you rebuild a carb always soak the gaskets in wd40 that way they wont stick and tear up if you ever have to take it apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor