Started my winter project

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
bigdan said:
455 + 7.5" : time bomb

try some real sticky tires at the strip once ....

Dan

455??

Not to mention, I have a 12 bolt moser rear (drum to drum) with 11" drums and 4.56 gears waiting in my garage. made for a G-Body. So in the case it does blow I have the upgrade already.

455OLDSMAN

Apprentice
Nov 8, 2007
bigdan said:
455 + 7.5" : time bomb

try some real sticky tires at the strip once ....

Dan

I know what your point is and eventually I will put an 8.5 in it. However the malibu it was in before hooked extremely well (lifted both tires) with a 200 shot of nitrous on an already decent powered motor. Im sure if i ran it everyday at the track it would go quick but its with the guy my friend got it from running 11's with it then my buddy running it in a low 12 car and a 13 sec car it probably should use a freshening up.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
As long as a 7.5 is built with quality parts it will hold up just fine. I don't know why people think they are so wimpy. A guy that I deliver parts to runs a Monte at 10.5 ET with a 355 and a 7.5 with slicks. So I think its definately safe to say that a 7.5 built right is no p*ssy rearend.

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
if its that good ;;;ill sell mine and have decent money for it...
then going to 8.5" or moser 12 bolts (8.875) or ford 9" is spending money for nothing then

dAN

455OLDSMAN

Apprentice
Nov 8, 2007
bigdan said:
if its that good ;;;ill sell mine and have decent money for it...
then going to 8.5" or moser 12 bolts (8.875) or ford 9" is spending money for nothing then

dAN

I dont think were saying theres no use for another rearend. All Im saying is it will do most people just fine. No need for a 9" with 400 hp. Run one with moser parts and you will probably be suprised. Or have the gotta have a 9" mentality. My rear end has been under 3 cars that I know of, monte carlo that ran 11's, the same car with a different motor that ran 13's then a low 12 malibu. All hooked well. All popped the tires off the ground. Well the 13 sec car pulled 1 tire about 4 inches.

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
hope you know ,you are a lucky man indeed!
Dan ,

455OLDSMAN

Apprentice
Nov 8, 2007
I guess im a lucky guy. I do however plan on upgrading to something a bit stronger since Im planning on running a 125 shot on it as soon as its all back together.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
455OLDSMAN said:
I guess im a lucky guy. I do however plan on upgrading to something a bit stronger since Im planning on running a 125 shot on it as soon as its all back together.

ok, thread high jackers, back onto my project lol....................................

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
Heres a long awaited update guys, all done today, by the way. got the motor cleaned up, painted, Voertec heads on, cam in, Roller rockers etc. Whole engine is together and its in the car. Now i just need to hook up coolant hoses, do some wiring, fuel lines and the exhaust and fire this biotch up. Heres some pics from all the work we did today.

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

IMG_3568.jpg

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
lookin good alot better now that it is all painted up nice. should be a great car when your all done. not that it wasn't before

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor