starter location

Status
Not open for further replies.

scepi

n00b
Sep 30, 2007
San Diego, CA
OK I know this is a stupid question and I am not sure anyone could help me, but I have a 69 Firebird with a 400 engine, I recieved this engine without a starter and I cannot find where I am supposed to bolt it on....any help is appreciated.

Cole

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 28, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
I am not a big block pontiac man, so I can't tell you precisely where. That said, either on the left or right side of the back of the engine right near where it bolts to the transmission there should be some mounting bolt holes.

If the transmission is bolted up, there should only be one spot where you can see the flywheel ring gear. The starter gear would have to slip in there.

Sorry I don't have more exact info

Cole

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
if it's a stock buick/olds/pontiac 400 it on the on drivers side, rear of the block. if you are running headers you may have problems. due to the unique head design of the 400(and larger BOP's) the headers run very close to the starter. you may have to use a mini-starter and clock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor