Starting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elky 83

Apprentice
Nov 24, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
I have a 350 with a Holley double pumper. No choke.
When I first start it, I pump it a few times and it starts ok. Maybe a little rough at first but smooth when it warms up. Drive to the store and when I get back it is a hard start even though the temp is around 165.
Can get it started if I pump the gas again. In the past it has always been a quick start with no problem after the first warm up.
Going to use some carb cleaner tomorrow and see if that helps. Could it be the manual fuel pump?
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Do you have a pressure regulator? It sounds like it may be flooding itself. Either that or possibly leaking seals are allowing the fuel from the bowls to leak into the intake manifold, which will drain the carb, and flood the intake. How old and what size is your carb?

Elky 83

Apprentice
Nov 24, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
Its a Holley 650 Double Pumper and is about 4 years old. It does start up ok if I pump the pedel, but up till now after the first start up it would start when I just touched the key.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Sounds like what Blake said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor