Steering angle

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
What do you think about machining this steering stopper down?

Attachments

• 20230415_143722.jpg
    20230415_143722.jpg
    889.7 KB · Views: 113

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Have you driven the car yet since putting everything on? Just wondering if the "loss" of steering angle is really a big deal or if it will really only become a problem when trying to make a tight U-turn

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Have you driven the car yet since putting everything on? Just wondering if the "loss" of steering angle is really a big deal or if it will really only become a problem when trying to make a tight U-turn

Once we determine what is a "big deal" then we will all know the answer to this question.

I have a 4 door shortbox truck and a Caravan. One is easier to back into a parking spot, than the other. Is it a big deal? No but one is alot easier.
It's easy to understand how some guys are satisfied with a slower elapsed time, get worst mileage or have a longer stopping distance. Not me.

Not trying to sound like a dick but I was really hoping UMI would get involved in this thread. Not looking for more angle that stock but less is a downgrade which I don't want.

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
UMI Sales UMI Performance well let’s see if they can jump into the mix. I’m sure they would love to provide some help and maybe even create a sweet bolt on solution since the blazer spindles are becoming very common

Reactions: 1 users

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Since this IS the UMI page. Seems like they have decided to ignore this.

I have been in touch with the UMI tech support. They said it must be my not Blazer stock spindles but between members here who have tried used Blazer spindles it and a few replies on youtube. The guilty party is not the spindles.

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Ive been playing around with my set up lately and even if I got more steering angle out of it my calipers would start to contact the frame. Not sure if you have looked into how much room you have with all other components before modifying the arms.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor