Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
That's a non tilt one

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I see a 94 column for sale on Craigs list. It looks like it has the key lock but havn't contacted him yet. Before I do I just want to make sure a 94 will work or is that too new? here is the link.

That is still not a bolt in column. Guys generally only use the tilt S10 column for the upper lock items to make an A/Gbody manual trans column. The non tilt manual A body columns trans columns are pretty easy to find.

Last edited:

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
That is still not a bolt in column. Guys generally only use the tilt S10 column for the upper lock items to make an A/Gbody manual trans column. The non tilt manual A body columns trans columns are pretty easy to find.
I understand it is not a bolt on. I am looking to convert the G body steering column in a sense. I would like to have the tilt option.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I understand it is not a bolt on. I am looking to convert the G body steering column in a sense. I would like to have the tilt option.
Well as I stated, only use the S10 tilt column for parts to make an A/G body column. I can point you to someone in central Jersey that has 3 or 4 non tilt manual A body columns.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
Well as I stated, only use the S10 tilt column for parts to make an A/G body column. I can point you to someone in central Jersey that has 3 or 4 non tilt manual A body columns.
But would I still be able to use the tilt? I was under the impression that i would not be able to unless the donor had the tilt option as well. Please correct me if I am wrong. If I can use parts off the A body column and retain the tilt function that would shorten my search greatly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor