Stereo? What do y'all have??

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys.

I want to buy my new speakers very soon. So I want to hear what you guys have, as well as give me some input. I also heard that bass blockers are a must for the front 3.5's. correct?

Thanks!!

I have Audiobahns front and back.I WILL be replacing them.I am not happy with them.
Just my opinion.
Oh,I have bass blockers for the 3.5s.

I have to omit alpine componets sound very good they are expencive but worth it they have every thing you need to intsall all in one kit .

I know what you mean about the Audiobahns. I saw a deal on them, but another kid told me NO WAY. lol.

I have an older Alpine headunit right now, but there's no aux or input on the back. So I can't really use my Zune MP3 adaptor properly. So I'm probably going to get another cheaper deck to replace it, eventhough I like it. As for speakers, all stock right now. Well, except the cracks in the back ones. lol.

I was looking at the Blaupunkt Pro component 3.5's, the Sony 3.5's, or the Pioneer 3.5's up front. The Infinity ones are nice too, but very pricey.

For the rears, I was assuming on probably Kenwwod 4x10's, or Pioneer 4x10's. I'd like to go 6x9's though. No bass in 4x10's. so how does that work? You buy 6x9 adaptors, then what? lol. If I could go 6x9's, I'd have WAY more choices.

After that, maybe a lower power amp, and some sort of Bazooka tube, or small sub box.

I'm not trying to go crazy with this car stereo wise, I just want to get rid of my blown ones. lol.

So, what's up with putting in 6x9's?? Thanks!!!

this regal has nothing in it right now, but my old white regal had 2 JL 12w0, with a JL 500/1 amp bridged mono, and had boston acoustic tweets in the factory speaker pod in the dash and put 5 1/4 in the kick panels. Doing that I lost my parking brake but allwell. They ran on acheap 4 channel 200 watt sony amp bought used for $50. It sounded awsome and would hit 143 dB. That was at a local dB drag 3rd place in the div. it was in. Not too bad for a cheap system. The key was the box it was huge and made massive bass.

in my Cutlass, I have 3.5" kicker coaxil 2way in the front, stock 4x6 rear -they arent damaged yet, and for when I want bumps I put my 2 10s in a bandpass with a 650watt monoblock amp. Controlling everything is a new model Sony mp3 cd player, I quite like it as a head unit actually. Just buy high end Sony and it's good. Otherwise it's mostly junk.
Chris
ps. I dont have bass blockers, never even heard of them/

bass blockers are the filters that you put on the speaker/wire that blocks the low end freqs. from the speaker so that you get nice crisp high end with no low end distortion from a 3.5" speaker trying to act like a sub. I gotta say the same for the sony headunits. just put a new one in the wifes mustang and its a whole new sound. very impresssed with it. always have bought Kenwoods before but will buy another sony if its what i'm looking for and cheaper then the kenwood.

3.5 in the dash
5.25 in the door
4x10 under the rear deck.

I have a separate amp in the trunk driving a 10" rockford sub.

For a head unit I have the Pioneer DEH-P47....looks like this.

http://salestores.com/pionee22.html

It has sub output and lots of settings that I will never use 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor