Stereo? What do y'all have??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alpine 9835 deck......Infiniti Kappa 6" component speakers in the front door ...same speaker in the rear pod just above the back seat arm rest run off a 4 channel Alpine amp....12" Rockford sub in a custom box and a mono Rockford amp driving it....leaving the rear 4x10 speakers spots empty lets you hear the sub nice and clear...

One of the best features of a G-body has to be the acoustics. I've heard junk sound decent in them.

Here's my system:

Premier DEH-P900R CD receiver with DEH-P9200R face
Audiobahn A6004 60x4 amplifier
Pair of Pioneer TS-A878 3.5" 2-Way dash speakers
Pair of Pioneer 6"x9" TS-A6960R 3-Way rear speakers

The Premier has incredibly user-friendly flexibility for any audio system. The different face interchanges with the 900-r and 920-r without missing a beat. Best deck I've ever owned.

The amplifier has front and rear crossovers, so I do not need bass blockers for the 3.5" 2-ways.

Very happy with how it sounds. Had Audiobahns in the dash, changed them a week ago, and very glad I did!!!

I run a small center console under the middle with two 6.5's
2 6.5's in each door
6x9's over armrests in rear
4 4x6"s in rear deck
4 rockford punch p2 10s in two slot ported boxs
1 2000 watt for subs
2 500 watt four channels front and rear
it sounds very nice and i run switches to shut off amps when i dont want as much sound.

There's no place to install components in a g-body unless you want to cut up the doors.

I bought aftermarket kicker panels made for a mustang that are formed to put up to a 6" speaker and a tweeter. I cut the panel and molded the 6" speaker part to the door panel at the bottom front. I didn't have to touch the door itself so to put it back to stock I'd just have to replace the door panel. I have the tweeters mounted on the dash and the crossovers fit nicely under the grill a the center of the dash. I don't have a dig camera at the moment but I'll post a pic soon as I get one.

All the sites told me I needed 3.5"s for my 83 Bonneville, and it really took a single 4x10 in the center front. The 3.5's in my friend's MC are in the front left and front right corners, and seem fairly easy to get out. I have the Infinity 3.5's in the front, and the pioneer 4x10's in the rear, they sound ok, you're not going to get very strong bass or midbass, but amplification helped them a little. If you're wanting to get real bass, good luck with anything from the trunk too, even with the 15L7, I couldn't really hear anything until it got moved into the actual cabin.
Bass blockers work good, but if you have a decent amplifier you can use the high pass filter and limit the lower frequencies to the front speakers, works just the same, and allows the speakers to get louder without damaging them.

finally i can really put some real input i know stereos for the guy with L7 15 i had 1 12 L7 in the kicker slot box with like 400 watts it hit hard like 136dbs try removing the inch thick mat between trunk and the back seat i cut the bot down tabs on the bottom off my back seat so it only latches at the top for easy pull down if take your seat theres a huge difference as for components q logic makes kick panels that house components $120.00 shipped on ebay they have multple colors just enter q logic youll find em anyone know about old school amps the keyword is UNREGULATED POWER SUPPLY do you know what that means the more voltage more watts newer amps have regulated so it will only do so much power i own a soundstream reference 10.0 rated at 25x2 at 4 ohms it will do over 2000 real watts at a 1/2 ohm dont even get me started on that boss legacy lanzar pymamid crap it all junk anything thats not name brand or has a funny name is a waste of money theres a rule of thumbs with amp to tell approx. wattage you take the amount of the amps of the fuses add them togeter if theres more than 1 and add a zero thats your approx wattage so take for an example i had a memphis pr1d it had 4 40amp fuses so thats 160amps which = 1600 watts now this is approx cause it was rated at 1000x1 at 1ohm but real amps are underated last year i hit 147.6 or something close to that with a stock alt and my 10.0 and 4 12 rf hx2s in a sealed box and i also cant stand oval speakers i cut a peice of fiber board around a 6x9 then cut a hole in the middle for a 5 1/4 midrange then mounted a tweeter next to on the uotside they sound incredable and always amplify think about you got this little bitty amp in your deck that does 50x4 55x4 at 4 ohms and cant go lower in ohms have you ever seen an amp thats 50x4 its bigger than the deck and when you fry you alternator dont get the same amp alt buy bigger in newer car with a stock you dont need bass blockers with an amp thats what the crossover is forthe best sounding head unit i have heard is eclipse the higher volage preouts make a difference with external amp you get cleaner sound how many people have a ground noise that whinning through the speakers when you step on the gas dont run your rcas with you power wire put them on oppisite sides of the car dont cheap out on wires rca cost more for a reason use 4ga it like suck water through a straw how much can u suck through a coffer stirrer compared to a regular straw sorry for the long post any questions let me know

i totally agree with everything you said but next time use periods.

Gawd! 😀

You guys made my '87 vintage Sanyo (probably like 10W) cry

😢

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor