STICK CONVERSION KITS

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
The AR5 5 speed out of a colorado is a good option behind mild v8's these days. Stronger for sure than a t5 and pretty cheap ($200-$400). The adapter plate does have some cost to it, but its about $1000 for the adapter plate, clutch, trans, slave cylinder combo. About what a T5 would end up especially assuming most are beat to crap and these AR5's are easy to get.

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
And if you are a total tightwad (like me) a mid 80's S10 manual pedal will attach to the G body brake pedal assembly with limited work and a 3rd gen F body clutch master works well. The G body firewall and S10 pedal with 3rd gen master have a bit of angle misalignment but if you can do some basic fab work everything goes together pretty well and parts are available overnight from NAPA or whatever if you break something.

Although the manual linkage stuff is factory and works, there are so few left and most are going to be worn or require repair that I would go hydraulic clutch parts since everything is easy to order.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
All the linkage stuff is repopped. The challenge is bellhousings. Especially if you are a BOP person

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you go with a hydraulic set up you need to make or buy a doubler for the firewall. I made my own cause I am cheap...

prd_256.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
Silver sport transmission. I bought my tremec from them.. I had to change a few things but overall happy with what i bought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor