Still hot..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You need your A/C compressor put back on, it needs the extra belt. No matter how tight I tightened those two belts, it still squealed and eventually burnt off the belt. It the power steering pulley contacting the steering box? Carefully check for any shiny contact spots.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The belt for the ps seems to be sitting a bit high in the V, is that a proper belt?. I have seen tractor belts get mixed up with automotive belts and they have a different angle for their V so they sit higher in the pulley on a car.

eso80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 31, 2018
East Coast
The belt for the ps seems to be sitting a bit high in the V, is that a proper belt?. I have seen tractor belts get mixed up with automotive belts and they have a different angle for their V so they sit higher in the pulley on a car.

Peoblem was that pulley was too big. Once I got it on and cranked it up, the pulley was rubbing against my crankchaft pulley, sending chrome flakes all over the engine. Got a smaller PS belt (44 3/4 for those who MAY go through this), and its been running quiet and beautifully ever since. Put it on the lift at the shop and all seems well. Thanks to all for your advice, input, and help !

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor