Stock Rim size on 87 Elco Rally rim

Status
Not open for further replies.
megaladon6 said:
i was just refering to not being able to find nice aftermarket rims.

8" is a 200+section width. that should be more than doable on a 6"wide rim. as a matter of fact i have 195's on my VW winter wheels--14x6 (or 5.5)

i hear ya. yeah there are a billion torque thrusts, I dont really care for them personally. I havent even looked at the aftermarket wheels because they are just all off the wall expensive.

yeah 8" Im going to at least have 245's on there. You can fit a larger tire on a smaller wheel like that? hmmm

well a 245 is 9.6in. that's a bit much for a 6in rim. you could probably do it but i don't know how well it would work. 225 should be good.
although, now that i think about it, drag radials do stick pretty far past the rim lips.

i see what you mean about prices on the monte ss wheels--$600 for 4 on ebay!! :shock: HOLY sh*t! i'm getting C6 rims for that!

haha. yeah im tellin you man. you know a OEM wheel is popular when they remake them and chrome them and sell them for like 200 bucks a piece. (always at the bottom when your searching for that particular wheel theres a bunch of buy it nows)

I dont know what I'm going to do..I need to get tires soon though and I'd rather not blow it on some skinny rubbers that wont grab any better. honestly in the rain its just plain scary...i mean barely on the throttle and its spinning.

mine does that too. you get used to it and it becomes a great way to scare the crap out of your friends. :lol:
actually i'm used to needing snow to spin the tires 🙁 , i really need to get used to power and RWD again!

See if you can find a U Pull It yard within 100 miles of your house. I have several that I use and they are dirt cheap- $10 a wheel for steelies and they have a ton of S-10's.

Oh, and I know what you mean about traction. I have a 1 wheel burner right now and it is useless in the rain. In fact, it is terrifying to try and drive it in the rain because it spins the one tire and goes nowhere with the slightest amount of throttle. I wouldn't let anyone else ever drive the thing because they would not be able to control it unless they were used to that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor