STOLEN: 84 El Camino SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

84SSccc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Someone took this car, a 1984 El Camino SS Choo-Choo Custom, right out of my driveway sometime after 10:00 P.M Monday night - Tuesday morning. . My Dad bought this car new in 1984 and passed it down to me. My parents got married in it, took it on their honeymoon, and picked me up from the hospital in it when I was born. It was like a family member for us. These were professionals, they lifted it up and moved it through my yard when it was boxed in by a 1500 Dodge, tree, and '93 Camaro.

I'm really tore up about this right now, as is my whole family.

If anyone sees ANYTHING please, PM me or call me at 770-597-7335

elcamino.jpg

ElCamino4.jpg

ElCamino2-3.jpg

figure I bump this since I think the only hope is someone seeing it before it gets to it's final destination...it must really suck to lose a car that has sentimental value that looks so good..

damn, thats a nice elky. hope they get hung by there big toes :evil:

Dude that's just not cool at all :wtf: !!!

I'll pass it on to my best bud over in Dallas,Ga. about your Elco.He's in the car scene in the Atlanta area big and maybe he can keep a lookout.

Hope you have some luck on getting leads.Keep us updated.

Ahh man this is so sad. The reality is, the car gets to the chop shop, then either gets rebadged, a new paintjob and a makeover, or, it gets chopped up and redistributed. The car is beautiful, and I'm sure the sentimental value is greater than the financial. You'll likely never see the car unless you get it yourself (assuming from what you say, it was not a "joyride" theft by some young punks if the car was not easily visible or accessible).

Police will get your plate number and it'll be tagged as "stolen" but don't count on it being driven on the road. Your only hope is finding it yourself. I don't know Atlanta very well, but basically you have to be your own investigator.

The thieves are obviously people who know about the car and it's location.

The picked the date, Monday night, very carefully.

A tow truck must have been used.

I would normally say the stolen vehicle could literally be anywhere on the continent within 48 hours, however, in this case it might be close by. I say get on Google maps, what kind of industrial areas are there in Atlanta, where would a chop shop operate out of, if they did. Mark possible locations on the map. Mark down bodyshops as well. Then use reasonable deduction and knock off the shops who could not possibly be involved (ie. Midas, for example could not, but Joe's Custom's Autobody MAY). Consider everyone who may know about the car, who you don't know very well personally (ie. people from a car show). Hope you find some answers. Good luck. Oh and next time, get a GPS unit!

:puke:
makes me sick that people have to steal sh*t in this world

you have one beautiful el camino and i hope theres a chance you get her back

That really sucks, this story breaks my heart. I live in a pretty rough area in Phoenix and know how smart these thieves are getting. When you have something really nice, like your El Camino, you have to be paranoid. I pull my in backwards (so you cant get me with a tow truck) an alarm system with starter kill,break pedal club,surveillance camera pointed right at the vehicle and dog in the yard watching my Caballero. All those hatters you see at the red light, giving you dirty looks because they are jealous, are the ones that drive by your house and later and tell their fellow thieves about your ride. Don't want to lie to you and give you false hope. Them guys are pros and are selling those parts to a "homeboy" who is building an SS himself. Look out for other SS El Camino's and check Craigslist, they might be parting out some parts they don't need. Best of luck and to anybody else reading, you must stay paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor