Straight Shot Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Have any of you ever dealt with Straight Shot Performance? what kind of experience have you had?

i ordered a tubular radiator support from them in May 2021 and its been a terrible experience. I took them 3-4 months to ship, but that's the good part.

it does not fit my car, and the owner Phil had assured me that he would re-fabricate and send a replacement... I would just be responsible for the shipping cost. I told him it wouldnt be a problem, take your time I have the car apart and didn't need it for a few months.

I texted him every once in a while and he kept saying he would get it in the next batch... then in September i finally got him to answer the phone again and he told me it was made but needed to be powdercoated, would send it off with the next batch. I told him i'd get him a fedex shipping label, we said all was good... but again, here we are 4 months later. no call backs, no text replies.

i've resisted posting on here about it because i'm sure now he really won't make good on the replacement, but this guy is terrible. Phil is great to speak with on the phone, but no action after you hang up the phone - he just keeps feeding me sh*t.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
That’s where I got mine from. Great experience and good people.

I ordered mine during the height of Covid and his wife said they were half staff because of the Covid ‘relief’ checks that made it hard to get employees. I was considering interior door skins from them and when they told me more than a 6 month wait I took a pass.

I waited less than 3 months and it fit very well. Of course I welded tabs on for mounting lights, trans cooler, wire holders, but it was one of the best upgrades I’ve done. The amount of room added by being able to push the radiator ahead was a godsend. And of course the weight savings was the original benefit - IIRC it was about 40lbs lighter than all of the original garb.

The downside - never get in an accident with it.

Edit - what car?

Reactions: 1 user

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
That’s where I got mine from. Great experience and good people.

I ordered mine during the height of Covid and his wife said they were half staff because of the Covid ‘relief’ checks that made it hard to get employees. I was considering interior door skins from them and when they told me more than a 6 month wait I took a pass.

I waited less than 3 months and it fit very well. Of course I welded tabs on for mounting lights, trans cooler, wire holders, but it was one of the best upgrades I’ve done. The amount of room added by being able to push the radiator ahead was a godsend. And of course the weight savings was the original benefit - IIRC it was about 40lbs lighter than all of the original garb.

The downside - never get in an accident with it.

Edit - what car?
It's for my 1978 monte carlo. too wide

Attachments

• IMG_20230124_103757.jpg
    IMG_20230124_103757.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20230124_103805.jpg
    IMG_20230124_103805.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20230124_103809.jpg
    IMG_20230124_103809.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor