stratus steel wheel...oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Had a little run-in with a curb tonight with my parents/sisters '98 Stratus. Has 14" steel wheels, the back pass. Wheels lip got pushed in quite a bit. It still holds air, but you can see the tire is pushed in as well.

http://cpwstore.carpartswholesale.c...tus+replacement+steel+steel+wheel+stl02064u45
Need something like this, but have to do it descretely (my parents wouldn't like how this happend :shock: ) There is a junkyard a couple miles from my house. If I can't find a steeie from a stratus, how do I find the miscellanious wheels backspacing as well as bolt pattern. HELP!!!!!

Attachments

• gbodyconsole1.jpg
    gbodyconsole1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 102
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, it probably interchanges with a variety of Chrysler products. All of the cloud cars (Cirrus, Stratus, Breeze) should use the same wheel. I would also look at Neons, and if you can, have the yard run a Hollander listing on it. That should tell you the complete interchange list for these cars. If you are lucky, it may even be shared with a Mitsubishi model as Chrysler and Mitsu did a bit of platform sharing in the 90's. In terms of Mitsubishi's that MAY match, think Galant and Eclipse as being the most likely.

hujass

Apprentice
Jun 24, 2008
N Dakota
The bolt pattern on the Dodge Stratus sedan was 5x100. This is a very common pattern that was used on many different makes and models so finding a replacement steel wheel shouldn't be too hard. http://www.speedstash.com/wheelguide.html

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Thanks guys, this really helps a ton. You guys are the best!!! Now I just have to wait 'till tuesday.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
crappycutlass Posted: burn the car in a field and say it was stolen.
:lol: I would, but then I would have to drive my cutlass in the horribly salty Pa Winter. Oh yeah, and my sister would have to drive it as well, I'm gonna pass on that.

My sisters driving+RWD+winter=at least a fender bender...in my newly painted cutty :lol:

Thanks 8.2 :lol: I know someday in the future I'll tell my parents, and we'll all laugh about this :D .

I have witnessed my dad telling his mom stories about what him and the neighborhood kids used to do, like rolling big snowballs down hills that hit cars :lol: . One time the guy got out of the car, and started walking up the hill after him and his buddies, so they pelted him with snowballs and ran. The guy followed them in his car, but they escaped to his one friends houses, where the kids mom had chocolate chip cookies for them. They called that the chocolate chip cookie night to keep it on the DL so their parents wouldnt find out :lol:

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
whew.... I got everything done, cost me $47 though. I literally was looking for change around the house, paid $2.25 in dimes and a quarter for just barely enough gas to get me to the junkyard and to the tire place. Had to steal $2 from my dads big pile 'o one dollar bills :shock: Damn I need a job. I'm so relieved, and feel really stupid....I just had to pull that e-brake.....

Well another lesson learned. Thanks guys.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I used to do that all the time in my 1995 Sentra. In fact, pretty much everyone used to do that in that car...lol. Once I was E-Braking to turn into my driveway and over rotated, almost taking out the mail box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor