Stumping Me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4oldsmobiles64

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2020
Here is a picture of the power antenna which is on the rear. I've never seen one in the back, not on a Cutlass or 442. Is this aftermarket or factory??? P.S. I've had a time with radio which shouldn't be that tough.
IMG_0623.JPG

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you must have missed this post....Bonnewagon gave you the answer why the fan is constantly on when the key is on on position

That is because of the "lover's lane law". In AC equipped cars the fan comes on the lowest speed all the time to create positive pressure in the passenger compartment. That way when you are, um, parked and getting busy, with the engine running, no exhaust fumes get drawn in. Could that plug be for a power antenna?

4oldsmobiles64

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 21, 2020
It could be aftermarket because before I purchased the car the previous gentleman replaced the windshield. It's a good bet that the antenna was built into the original windshield, if they were doing that in those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor