stupid motor mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
it may require getting creative with some elbows and extensions on the wratchet. I had the control arms off which made it much easier, if that is not an option and you cant get enough torque on a hand held wratchet.... cut em off.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
just in case, you do know that the nut is inside the frame? you need to get an open end or box wrench on it and the undo the bolt. you get to it through the opening for the control arm mount. having an air gun really helps here. if you are doing the suspension too, it's MUCH easier with the control arms out.

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
megaladon6 said:
just in case, you do know that the nut is inside the frame? you need to get an open end or box wrench on it and the undo the bolt. you get to it through the opening for the control arm mount. having an air gun really helps here. if you are doing the suspension too, it's MUCH easier with the control arms out.

i knew it was under the frame but to get that sl*t is the mission well i have to do my suspension anways might aswell take it all apart :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor