stupid movie car scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

455OLDSMAN

Apprentice
Nov 8, 2007
I hate throaty V8 sound effects coming from a car which doesnt have a v-8 with dual exhaust. Oh yea and the burnouts from every car that takes off from being parked.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
Can't forget Mad Max with the whole switch for the blower idea concept and all the camera work
actually the car companies are playing with that idea. i believe the only problem is how to rourte the air when not using the charger. matter of fact VW has an engine with a turbo AND a supercharger. off the line it uses the supercharged and for higher rpm it switches to the turbo. they are using a 1.6l base (maybe a 1.2l) and they said it feels more like a 2.5l L4.[/quote]

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i read in (i think) car craft the when the made dukes of hazard they had rhys millen do the driving scenes with the car sliding around on the dirt roads. well hollywood has become so pathetic that in order for the real car driving to look real they had to slow down the film!

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
That's one think I like about the Dukes movies, was that the stunts were real. Watch at the end how many times they had to launch the general in the air to get it land just right on the crowed highway LOL! That's how it should be done - F that CGI crap, I want to see REAL cars in action especially Mopars! (NOT the g-bodys) :D

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
megaladon6 said:
Can't forget Mad Max with the whole switch for the blower idea concept and all the camera work
actually the car companies are playing with that idea. i believe the only problem is how to rourte the air when not using the charger. matter of fact VW has an engine with a turbo AND a supercharger. off the line it uses the supercharged and for higher rpm it switches to the turbo. they are using a 1.6l base (maybe a 1.2l) and they said it feels more like a 2.5l L4.
[/quote]

Actually, the supercharged 1.6 liter engine in the MR2 had a clutch like that on an A/C compressor.

And while we're talking about stupid car scenes in movies, how about Diamonds are Forever? There's a scene where James Bond, driving a 73 (?) Mustang, puts the car up on two wheels to fit through a narrow space between buildings. Unfortunately when they show the car coming out of the alley, it's on the other two wheels!

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
megaladon6 said:
actually the car companies are playing with that idea. i believe the only problem is how to rourte the air when not using the charger. matter of fact VW has an engine with a turbo AND a supercharger. off the line it uses the supercharged and for higher rpm it switches to the turbo. they are using a 1.6l base (maybe a 1.2l) and they said it feels more like a 2.5l L4.
[/quote]

yeah they already have that out. we had a scion xB (the boxy one) in the shop with a 1.5 supercharged 4 banger. you can drive without the charger or with it. there a 3 or 4 different power levels that u can choose from on a dial. the thing is a serious rocket!! supercharged tin can...

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, Toyota did this on the original MR2. It had a roots supercharger that was switched on and off by the ECU back in around 1988-90. Also, Nissan produced an engine with both a turbo and a supercharger in other markets. It was in the Micra and a 0.9 liter engine. I believe the engine code was MA09ERT. (MA is the family, 09 the displacement in liters, E is electronic fuel injection, R is supercharged an T is turbo.)

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
Id have to say in any movie where a character doesnt know what they have. Ive seen countless movies where one will say they drive a old peice of crap car, and its a freakin restored classic. Or even if it isnt restored, a classic car with a little bit of paint missing isnt a peice of crap.

Like the Transformer movie, the kid wanted it because it had racing stripes. Not because it was 77 Camaro.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Yeah, and the scene where the Camaro's hood was open and she said it had a double pumper on it when it was an individual runner or Weber setup of some sort if memory serves. (but she can go under my hood anytime and I wouldn't car what she got wrong...)

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
I got one

How about in TRansformers when the girl pops the hood on the '76 Camaro and starts talking about the carb and engine like it is an engine that belonged in that car, and then they show a big buck LS motor with fuel injection and none of the parts referenced (would have fit in better in the '09). If that engine was in that car the Kid was a car thief and a tard, call the cops.

The seen was supposed to show the audience "look this girl is cool she likes cars and knows alot about them". I walked away thinking this girl is full of sh*t, and this guy is just playing along to get a little.

P.S. How about when they have cars that are not period correct. Watch Dazed and Confused. It does a pretty good job with the cars but in the payground scene with the girls there is a Trans Am with IROC wheels that were not released for 7 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor