stupid movie car scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
American gangster they blew up a 65 hertz Shelby or at least a clone i hope.The remake of gone in 60 seconds blew too many fake stunts and now everyone wants a gt500e eleanor will always be a 73 mach 1 to me.

R/T kota

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2007
Hamilton Ontario
Uncletruck said:
My favorite was one of the Toby Halicki (Gone in 60 Seconds) movies where the old granny's Chevy Citation was T-Boned and sliced almost perfectly in half as if done with a knife, and she kept on driving it for a few hundred feet as if nothing happened.
-UT-

believe it or not, I have actually seen that happen once.
It was an older fwd gm of some sort. The dude was drunk, spun out and hit a pole ripping the car in half just behind the front doors. He then restarted the car and drove about 100 feet or so before the used up all the gas in the float bowl and fuel line. Would not have believed it if I didn't see it happen right in front of me.

Now back on topic, there was a movie from some time in the 70s I think called return to macon county staring don jonson and nick nolte. The movie takes place in the summer of 1958 and they are drag/street racers driving a 57 bel air.
There are so many flaws in that movie that me and my friend would watch it just to pick them out and get a good laugh.
Some of the flaws off the top of my head....

A one year old car that looks like its full of body filler and make mention of how they built the car from the ground up. Summer of 1958, how bad could it have been?

They do a time run on an old country road with a stop watch that seems to take about 30 to 45 seconds and the click the stop watch to an 8.5 or 8.7 second 1/4 mile. Summer of 58, thats got to be a world record.

Open the trunk and it is full of trophies and not one of them fell over.

A few scenes where they are driving and the shifter is clearly in park and if I remember right, it was a 3 or 4 speed car on the floor.

8 second car has a hard time getting past a flat head ford in one race. If it wasn't for the spark plugs in the tail pipes, they would have lost.

One scene, they need to find a rear 1/4 window for the car and find a rusted 57 convertible rusting away in a field. Remember, its the summer of 58. They must use a lot of salt in macon county in the winter for a one year old car to be that bad not to mention the 1/4 window from a convert will not fit a hard top.

There are a lot more but thats just what I remember. Its been years since I seen that movie,

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
transporter 2, he jumps the car (audi w12) off a pile of pallets, it does a barrel roll and a crane hook perfectly knocks off the bomb on the undercarriage. not to mention that the hook was at least 50ft in the air and he lands the car perfectly with no damage. before this he was racing around miami jumping the car with the bomb about 2 in off the ground and it somehow stayed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor