!!!!!STUPID QUESTION TIME!!!!! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pontiac455

Master Mechanic
Jun 8, 2010
Usually my rule of thumb is if u know what RPM yer engine makes the most torque, go 2 to 4 hundred rpm back and thats yer stall. Its TORQUE that makes impressive hole shots. There are several factors to picking out the right convertor. Engine TQ curve, HP, gearing, weight of vehicle. ECT.

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
sounds like its a good deal for a good transmission, whos it buy or who made this quote? What kind of warrenties are offered and If your gunna buy it, make sure you have an ase certified mechanic install it. Ive heard of reputable Transmission shops declining warrenties due to shade tree mechanics installing re-maned trannies.

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
my86442 said:
sounds like its a good deal for a good transmission, whos it buy or who made this quote? What kind of warrenties are offered and If your gunna buy it, make sure you have an ase certified mechanic install it. Ive heard of reputable Transmission shops declining warrenties due to shade tree mechanics installing re-maned trannies.

Bowtie Overdrives provided this quote.

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
Pharozen said:
my86442 said:

Bowtie Overdrives provided this quote.
i dont know if this may give ya another look or not but check this out. I dont think it comes with all that bowtie offers but should be cheaper in the long run with warrenty info too.

http://www.monstertrans.com/store/produ ... mance.html

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
ive heard Bowtie can be dicks if they wanna be but put out damn good transmissions. Monster transmission has a great selection. A buddy of mine bought a replacement 200r4 for his ss monte and loves it. it come with his selection the torque convertor based on his specs of the motor, a shift kit, fluid, and an extra fitler. He's had it for a little over 2 years and hasnt had a bit of problems. Im more towards TCI myself. I ordered a TH400 for my 71 Monte 6 years ago and the only issue i had was the o-ring on the downshift cable blew out on me. i got a free replacement after 4 years of having it. I think ive put 15,000 miles on it and it shifts perfect.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Side note, if thats you g body chassis (looks awesome btw) those are chevy motor mounts which will not fit your Olds 350 motor.

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
Got this quote from Monster Transmission:

I checked out your site and I also got this quote as well:

200-4R HD Transmission Master Conversion Packag

RRP:

$2,495.00

Your Price:

$2,107.20 (You save $387.80)

SKU:

MCP-2004R

Availability:

This transmission is custom built to order. Please call for turn-around time.

*Warranty:

-- Please Choose an Option --3 Year/Unlimited Mileage

Torque Converter:

1650 Stall
1800-2000 Stall
2300-2500 Stall
Custom Higher Stall, sold sep.

The Master Conversion Package was designed for customers that are looking to convert their old 2 or 3 speed to the popular 200-4R Automatic Overdrive. This Package includes about 99% of the conversion minus the driveshaft and crossmember work.

The 200-4R has a 2.74 ratio in first gear, which is about 18% lower than most transmissions. The overdrive will give an estimated 20 to 30% increase in gas mileage on the road when compared to a 3-speed transmission. The 200-4R is a popular transmission swap for muscle car restorations to add the overdrive option & to update to a modern transmission. Converting from a 2 or 3-speed to the 200-4R Monster Transmission may also increase the value of your vehicle because of the great performance and fuel economy.

This Master Conversion Package Includes the following:

√ 200-4R Heavy Duty Mega Monster Transmission, rated up to 450hp/400tq
√ Performance Torque Converter, your choice from 1650-2500 Stall
√ Universal Fillertube with updated Dipstick
√ Updated Universal Fit Throttle Cable with metric bolt
√ Metric Linkage Nut
√ 2 Brass Coolant Line Fittings
√ Metric Torque Converter Bolts
√ Universal Transmission Mount with bolts
√ Speedometer Driven Gear
√ Speedometer Housing & Support Bracket
√ Speedometer Housing O-Ring
√ External Lock-Up Kit
√ 200-4R Chrome Throttle Cable Bracket
√ Hayden Transmission Cooler Kit
√ 200-4R Universal Dust Cover

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
84clonewars said:
Side note, if thats you g body chassis (looks awesome btw) those are chevy motor mounts which will not fit your Olds 350 motor.

Thanks for the compliment on the frame, but it was my understanding that certain modifications can be made so it can still fit.....right??

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Not even worth the time, 307 frame pads can be found for dirt cheap less than 20$, I personally haven't heard of anyone modifying sbcframe pads for sbo frame pads.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
You can see the deference here.

Attachments

• 20120708_131056-1.jpg
    20120708_131056-1.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 521
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor