suicide doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyMexican210

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2011
which is a good kit for suicide doors? shops are tryin to charge over $2000 cuz they say gbody doors are heavy, well i wanted to kno if anyone has done their own work?

Is it even possible? The door jamb design makes it nearly impossible, you'd have to recess the B pillar area so the door can open.
You do realize why they're called Suicide doors right?
Back in the Teens and Twenties doors opened in the opposite direction, kinda like how the rear doors on mid sixties Thunderbirds do, and when you fling them open passing traffic from behind can hit the door and crush you to death.

Unless your talking about Lambo doors...

I always thought the term "suicide" came from an unfortunate situation where you needed to jump out of a moving car but then end up getting wacked by your own door.. It sucks carrying our coupe doors around fully loaded, must weigh 70+ pounds depending on options. I would imagine a hefty amount work involved and wouldnt expect a cheap bill.

Yes it is possible. Full 90 degrees. Made my own hinges. :mrgreen:
1117091022a1.jpg

Carlola said:
I always thought the term "suicide" came from an unfortunate situation where you needed to jump out of a moving car but then end up getting wacked by your own door.. It sucks carrying our coupe doors around fully loaded, must weigh 70+ pounds depending on options. I would imagine a hefty amount work involved and wouldnt expect a cheap bill.
Lmaoo :rofl:

SuicidedRegal said:
Yes it is possible. Full 90 degrees. Made my own hinges. :mrgreen:
1117091022a1.jpg

do you have a picture of the hinge and what kind of protection does it offer if you get t-boned?...must be a pain to wire the power window and locks...

would you ever be willing to fabricate that set of hinges again and sell them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor