Summitracing VS jegs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summit is my go to mail order parts vendor. I have used competition products as well. They had my dart heads for about 200 dollars cheaper than summit when I bought them. I have used Jegs once, took almost a week to get to me, which is fine but I can order something from summit on a Monday and be putting it on Tuesday afternoon. So they usually get my dollar.

13bravo said:
cullencombs said:
13bravo said:
I go local when I can.

I hate local. All we have are big name stores with young punks behind the counter.

yeah I should have made it clear I don't go to the big box stores if I don't have to. Still plenty of smaller race shops that deal with places like Keystone and other like places around here.

I once needed a timing cover gasket for a SBC that I called and gave the Felpro number to the person behind the counter, and they said that particular nyumber didn't cross to what they had. So they proceeded to ask me what Year, Make, Model, and did it have air conditioning. Well I had to flub up yr/mk and model as the application was actually a 400 small block in a 1967 Corvette, and when I went to pick up said gasket; it was exactly the part number I gave the idiot in the first place.

I also once needed some 1 5/8 flat disc freeze plugs and called ahead, and they said yep we've got them, and I go to pick them up, and they are 1 5/8 cup plug freeze plugs. That was for a 1956 315 D50 Hemi which wasn't in the computer.
I'm not sure we have any good race shops left around here. Its alot easier for me to get online and order what I need from Jegs. I bought a crate engine through them and it was a pos. The builder gave me all kinds of sh*t but jegs stood behind it and was a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor